CEFOPERAZONE 500 MG + SULBACTAM 500 MG Tablets Manufacturers Suppliers - Third Party Manufacturing - For PCD Franchise
CEFOPERAZONE + SULBACTAM is a combination medicine that belongs to the class of medicines called antibiotics. The medicine is used in the treatment of a wide range of bacterial infections such as respiratory tract (lungs) infection, urine infection, blood infection, meningitis (inflammation of the brain and spinal cord), gonorrhea (sexually transmitted disease), skin, abdominal, bone, and joint infections. Bacterial infections are caused by the multiplication of harmful bacteria inside the body. These bacterial cells release harmful chemicals inside the body which make us sick. Cefoperazone works by preventing the formation of bacterial cell covering, which is necessary for survival thereby, eradicating bacteria. Sulbactam works by decreasing bacterial resistance and enhancing the activity of cefoperazone against the bacteria.
Take the medicine as per the dosage and duration prescribed by the doctor. Do not crush, chew or break the tablet. Swallow the whole tablet with water. Some commonly observed side effects of Cefoperazone+ Sulbactam tablets are diarrhea, allergic reaction, abnormal liver function tests, and anemia (low number of red blood cells). Mostly the side effects do not last for a long time and get resolved with time. Do not self-medicate the medicine and consult your doctor. Inform your doctor about all the allergies you have. Also, inform the doctor about your medical health history and current health conditions.
The medicine is composed of Cefoperazone and Sulbactam which are antibiotic drugs. Cefoperazone prevents the cell wall formation of the bacterial cell and hampers its lifecycle. Sulbactam is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Cefoperazone against bacteria. The list of bacterial infections where Cefoperazone+ Sulbactam tablets are used for the treatment is given below:
Usually, there are mild to temporary side effects of Cefoperazone+ Sulbactam tablets that get resolved over time. If the side effects persist or get severe with time, immediately consult your doctor. The side effects are individualistic and differ in all its users and depend on the response to the therapy. The list of side effects is given below:
Some drugs may interact with each other and cause adverse effects. The drugs may also interact with certain health conditions or food items.
Interaction with Drugs:
1. Do not self-medicate the medicine. Take it only when prescribed by the doctor.
2. Pregnant women should consult their doctor, before taking the medicine as it may harm the fetus.
3. Avoid consuming alcohol as it may worsen the health condition and cause serious side effects.
4. Lactating mothers should avoid taking medicine without a doctor’s consultation as the medicine may pass into the breast milk and harm the newborn.
5. Store the medicine in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight.
6. Keep the medicine out of reach of children and pets. Properly dispose of expired and discarded medicines.
1. How long does Cefoperazone+Sulbactam take to work?
Cefoperazone+Sulbactam starts working soon after taking it. However, it may take some days to kill all the harmful bacteria and make you feel better.
2. What if I don’t get better after using Cefoperazone+Sulbactam?
Inform your doctor if you don’t feel better after finishing the full course of treatment. Also, inform him if symptoms are getting worse while using the medicine.